Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Slippery Slopes

I am linking up today with Juana Mikels

Photobucket
 
 
Don't you love to count your blessings? I wake up and just smile sometimes at the life I have and the way God has blessed me.

An amazing husband...

An incredible job....

4 children and 7 grandchildren....

An amazing and loving church....


All gifts from God. Each a blessing and a reminder of His favor in my life.

And each one...a time requirement from my life.

Ouch! I know right...not sounding thankful there, am I? But I am, I truly am. But it is a slippery slope to have all these blessings. All these things that demand time and attention.

You see, they are NOT number one, but I slip too easily into making them number one. When that happens...I move God from where He belongs...down the slippery slope, they all slip so easily into His position.

As I seek to surrender my life to Him, I know I have to keep Him in first position and I can't even allow His blessings to get in the way of that. I need to give him my utmost time, energy and devotion. He shouldn't get the end of the day energy. I shouldn't be searching for ways to fit Him in. I shouldn't come to the end of the week and realize I went the whole week and didn't open my bible since Sunday morning in church.

How do you balance it all? How do you give your family all the attention and love they need, fill all the expectations of your job, and do your part in the church family? That isn't mentioning the opportunities you don't want to miss out on with others around you...ministering and making connections. And YOU, taking care of you in all that mix.

I can't help but think the enemy sits back and smiles when we get caught on these slippery slopes. He must smile and rub his hands together as we get so caught up in the blessings God gave us, and we forget the one who provided it all. Sometimes we make it so easy for him.

I am working on this. I'd love to hear how you do it.

"You will show me the path of life, in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. " Psalm 16:11

My prayer is that my words be used to bring light and salt to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.