Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Our Testimony

We each have a testimony. We each can tell of a journey God has taken us on. We can talk about our mistakes along the way and the consequences that followed those choices.

But how often do we? We seem to want to keep those mistakes quiet. They aren't pretty, and if we are trying to please God, we don't like to talk about our sins. The further we move from that life, the more distant we want to keep it.

I have to ask myself though, who could benefit from it? I believe if we were to be more open and honest about our journeys, we could help someone who is on that same journey, ready to make the same wrong choice.We can show compassion, and the wisdom we gained through those lessons. I believe that it is a way to disciple others.

I look back on my journey, and because I held a lot back, kept it quiet and only dealt with it between God and myself, I often failed. I have to wonder if I had someone who already walked the path walking beside me, how could they have helped me? Could it have provided me more accountability, more biblical counseling and wisdom to help me with the burdens I walked with?

But the greatest thing...when we share what God has done, He is glorified. Our sin is not glorified, or lifted up...but God is. It is time we reach out to those who walk a difficult path. Share what God has done for us. Be open, he honest. We need to remember when God entered in, our flesh remains. We all continue to build a testimony, God continues to work on us. We remain as sinners until we unite with Him. We need to walk in love...and sometimes that means sharing one another's burdens. And what burden is greater than our sin.

Galatians 6:2 "Carry one another's burdens; in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."

May my writing always be salt and light to my reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.