Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Flying High

Don't you love a mountain top experience? If you think about any you ever had...what happened there? For me, it is a focus. When I think of the mountain top experiences I have experienced they seem to have one thing in common. A total shift of my attention off of everything else and placed on one specific thing. It seems like in those moments or periods of time we are lifted up and away and placed onto that mountain top. The rest of the world is pulled or pushed far away.

It is no wonder we are unable to sustain that altitude. Eventually, the world and reality seems to scream out to us, pulling back our attention and before we know it, we are back at the base, remembering the visit, but our feet and our minds are planted right back into the distractions of reality.
So, how can we sustain the altitude?

For me, I need to remember the focus that had me there. As I have to allow some of those distractions to come back, I need to remember not to lose the balance. I seem to sway like a pendulum sometimes and slip into these places so far from the mountain.

My mountain is God. He stands firm, steady and always there. He stands with His promises, unchanging. The experiences that I have that are fulfilling, life altering and filled with love are always involved with being in His presence. To sustain the altitude of those moments, I can't remove myself from His presence. I can't allow my world to become so packed with the things of this world that I lose sight of Him.

What about you? Have you slipped away, slipping away, or have you not been there yet? We walk in a broken world. So many things to pull us from the presence of God. Let us turn our eyes, our hearts and minds back to Him. Let us be aware when we start to move from the mountain, that we catch ourselves and turn back to Him. I can only imagine what would happen in a broken world as we all shift our attention from this world and focus on the wisdom of God...

"Sensible people keep their eyes glued on wisdom, but a fools eyes wander to the ends of the earth." Proverbs 17:24

May my words always be salt and light to the reader.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.