Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Being a Parent a Tough Job

Being a parent gives you a perspective of our Heavenly Father, how he views our lives. How often we can please him...and how often we can break his heart.

As a parent, you have desires for your children. You want them to be happy, successful, satisfied...and in God's will. I am sure our Heavenly Father has those wishes and more for our lives.

And just like He does, we guide our children, point them in the right direction, warn them...but knowing we have to allow their choices and sometimes watch them fail, we see them hurt, lost and lying in the consequences of their choices. Oh how that breaks our heart....and oh how we must break the heart of our Heavenly Father. And the more they walk into the same walls, making the same mistakes, not learning from their consequences, it is hard to understand. How often have I done this to my Heavenly Father? I know there have been mistakes I have made over and over again.

Today is one of those days I wish I had the view God has. The view down the road. I want to have the power God has to line things up, put things in the path of my child. I want to pull my child from the darkness, the twisting path that just keeps moving in a downward spiral.

What I need to remember tonight...I have access to that power. I just need to place that child into my Heavenly Father's hands, let go. I need to pray.

Tonight I mourn with my Heavenly Father...for the child we both love so much. But we can both know that the seeds within his heart are there...and I will lean on His understanding, his power, and have faith that he will continue to work in our child's life.

Luke 11:13  "If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

May you find salt and light in my words!

1 comment:

  1. I found you, as you visited my site and left a comment. Thank you for that encouragement. I hope that you are not going through a difficult time with your child. I sensed from this post that you either have or you are. It sounds as if you know where to turn if you are and your priorities are as they should be. Praise God for the wonderful lessons you are learning and your willingness to share your wisdom. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.