Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 18, 2011

How Small is Your World?

God has really been dealing with this summer about how small my world is. I have really kept some boundaries on it and have done little to reach out.

He first started to deal with me with the internet, and my writing. He allowed me to see how big of an audience is out there, and that I had something to share. So that is how I started blogging. But typed words is not enough.

God is now calling me to more. To action. I love how God works. He first puts these little curious desires, or wonderings in your heart. He grows them. He spoke to me in my summer reading. And He always backs his thoughts and desires for me with scripture, his word. Then he shares experiences. He gives you glimpses.

He lays it out your feet and asks you to take the steps. He is always prepared for our doubts and questions. He knows us. Knows our fears.

And this morning, He answered those.

"I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down th the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me." Psalm 139:7-10 (NLT)

So, as he makes my world bigger, and he calls me beyond this little circle, whether it is here in typing, or at the pregnancy center in town...or in the Domincan Republic, he will be there with me. This morning that image was so clear in my mind. What can I fear? Seeing God walk beside me, guiding, supporting and strengthening leaves me asking, Where can't I go? What can't I do? How empowering, the omnipresence of God, and his love that guides, strengthens and supports.

May my word be salt and light to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.