Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Persistence with Patience

Persistence with Patience...Those two words can often get a reaction. Not giving up....but having to wait?

However, God calls us to do both.

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:1,2

"But I tell you this- though he won't do it for friendship's sake, if you keep knocking long enough, he will get up and give you whatever you need because of your shameless persistence." Luke 11:8

I usually use these two words to describe my personal characteristics. But neither of them came easy. Both were learned over time, and through difficult times. Faith was the fire that burned through me as I had to keep moving on.

My eyes had to be on the place I believe God wanted me. I had to see beyond the middle of my turmoil. I needed to see what it would be like when I moved out of the circle, and into the peace beyond.

I also need to confess that I didn't keep my eyes there. I allowed them to wander. I started to look at the circumstances....and then I listened to the world. So, the vision I had of what God wanted, and where He wanted me...I never got there. Not in the place that was in His perfect will.

However, God with his unfailing love, still rewarded me. He brought me through, and he gave me peace, out of the turmoil. He forgave me for where I faultered, and yet, still honored my persistence and patience.

So, you may be reading and this and asking...then why try? If he will reward you, even if you get tired and give up...then why not give up?

As I said, I was outside his will. Being outside of God's will has consequences. It requires asking forgiveness and repentance. It requires for us to admit we did not persevere...and we lost our patience. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like...had I persevered with patience. As sweet and wonderful as my blessings are, how much more could they be within God's perfect will?

So, if you are in the midst of turmoil, my advice is persevere as God has called you...He wants you in His will. Follow His direction, not that of this world. Remember the enemy who will lie and deceive. Wait patiently.

If you did as I did...you faultered, you gave up. Ask for forgiveness, repent. Align yourself with his will and receive his blessings.

To do all this...stay close to God, His people, and His word. It is harder to hear the world in the midst of God's presence!

May you find light and salt in my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.