Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Cross or a Tree: Same Message and Meaning

When I think of Christ and the crucification, my days of Jehovah's Witness teachings come back to me. Many a discussions I had with them about the means of his death...they do not believe he died on a cross.
Interestingly, I think back now and wonder was that argument relevant? Was it just to mask the significance of the meaning of his death?
Tonight, the eve of Good Friday, I can only think of its meaning. Of what occured in Christ's death and the significance it has for each of us. It is the message that is highlighted now, not the means of his death. Either way, I know he suffered for me. Either way, I know he took my sins to the cross. Either way, he created the bridge between me and his heavenly Father. He was the final sacrifice. He did this because of his love for each and every one of us. That is the significance.
Often, Satan will divide us on the insignificant, allow us to mask and hide the significant. Let us focus tonight, through the weekend and all the days to follow on the significant.
"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life. " John 3:14-16
Now that is significant, and for this, I am thankful. I have believed, and I have this hope and promise to hold on to. May you too think about the significance of Easter as you celebrate this weekend.
May you always find salt and light in my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.