Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 29, 2011

What do you most fear?

Fears are a part of our life. Some fears are very real to us. There are things that happen in the world, or situations we are placed in, and the emotion that comes out is fear. For me, most of the fears I have, begin in my mind and are usually not real. They are me allowing myself to wonder and imagine things that haven't happened, just that they could happen. Seems kind of silly when I think about that.
Without God, I would feel fear more. He is such a presence in my life and has shown me so many times how much he cares and how he takes care of me, I don't usually react with fear. He gives me peace.
However, I know many who face fears. Fear of the future, failure, rejection, or maybe even a phobia.
There are different reactions to fear. Some want to fight them. Some ignore them. Some run from them. Or just hide them.
What does God ask us to do?
He wants us to give our fears to Him. And actually He also wants us to fear only one, and that is Him. He called us to believe in his almighty power and to trust in Him.
"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:2
So, if I were to see Him like this at all times, I would run to him with my fears. I need to think of those words, refuge and fortress...those are fear rescuing images.
I need to take all my fears to Him, real and imaginary and TRUST Him to protect me from anything.
May you always find Salt and Light in my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.