Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A View of Pain

Tonight my heart is heavy for a hurting world. There is so much darkness and so much pain. I just spent time reading some posts. Reading the writing of others truly gives you a window into lives, and into how many ways sin steals, hurts and hinders.
I am so thankful for a savior who lights this darkness. I am also understanding of those who have trouble seeing that light sometimes. Usually, it is because we are not plugged in. If we get bogged down into the things of this world, if we don't stay in the word, in fellowship and in prayer it is so easy to look at the darkness that is heavy around us, and not see the light. Or just sometimes the darkness envelopes us.
It is one of those days when I am reminded to be a light, to be sure I am shining bright. If someone needs to find their way in the darkness I should be shining brightly for them. If the darkness has been overwhelming to them, they may not be currently plugged in. We can be the light for them, until they find their way out.
I have been in that darkness. I know how easy it is to get lost there.
May you always find Salt and Light in my words...and tonight, may my light shine brightly to those that are lost in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.