Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 22, 2011

After the Hype

On Friday I wrote about the upcoming weekend and the hype around the rapture.
Tonight I can't help but wonder how people were affected and how many. Are some laughing about Christianity? I do know there are plenty of jokes floating around. Did it make some question their relationship with God and now they are searching? And what of those who followed blindly, where are their hearts and minds tonight? And what about those of us who believe that rapture will come....are we moving with urgency to share with this world how they can be a part of it?
God can take something as crazy as this weekend and He can use it for His glory. We need to be the waiting recipients of His plan and move it into action. With all the talk about a rapture, we have open doors for communication out there. People stand before us with questions, are we ready with answers?
We are to be obedient to the plans of God. We must not allow the plans of a man to interfere with what God has planned. We do still have time, and none of us know how much. It could be tomorrow, or maybe not in my lifetime. But, while I can, I need to share the good news that God has asked us to. We need to reveal the truth to the deceived.
"And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come." Matthew 24:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.