Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 16, 2011

Every Little Thing You Do

Do you know one thing I look forward to?....finding out about all the little things I have done that have impacted God's kingdom. I think about the things people have done in my life...they have had major impacts on my life, and they have no idea. But I do believe it will be revealed to us on judgement day.
I hope I do not sound too prideful...I am not trying to. I have such a compassion for people, I hate to see hurt of any kind. My prayer list grows and grows.
When I see someone in a bad mood, I want to try and make it better. In my family, I tend to be the peacemaker. I always want to defend the weak. When one of my students is really hard to love (Human "Be"ings) I want to find out why, I want to fix them.

So with all that said, I do hope I make a difference, I hope I do it often. Especially, when God is using me as his vessel, I want to be the delivery girl of His love.

Those who have impacted me...wow, such a long list. Lately, since I am writing blogs, I am reading them. I daily find such hope and inspiration from what I read. Little messages I needed to hear. From coworkers, words they say, a look, a smile....a compliment that I needed to hear. I remember once a man at church handed me a letter. I knew him, but didn't speak to him much, he didn't know what I was going through....but his letter could have been a letter from God directly to me. I want to be like that man...I want to be so in tune with God that I will hear him tell me what I need to do to help those around me. I think of the church messages that stay with me, or events that are sunk in my heart and soul and I pull it up when I need it. Or just those quiet wise people who set an example, who live a life that is an example. They are the light in my world, they are always there somewhere. All these people, all this impact.
So tonight I share thanks to those who made an impact on my life....and to God for anytime he uses me, may I be every more sensitive to your call to be light.
"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds, and praise your father in heaven." Matthew 5:16
If you find salt and light in my words....praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.