Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jars of Clay

Daily I am reminded of who I am. I make mistakes all day long. I suffer from indecision and tiredness. I lack creativity as I sit down and try to write, my head spinning and looking for words. A constant reminder when I try to rely on me, I am powerless. I have no abilities. I can not love those who are hurtful and mean.I am confused and need direction with decisions.  I want my own way and I want it now.
Then I tap in, I enter into prayer and I remember who resides within me. I know who waits and is ready, and is actually working all around my tiredness and indecision. There to give me power, light that surrounds me when I open up and reveal what is there inside.
It is like a plain wooden box, when opened it is spilling over with jewels, sparkling and bright. Or opening a room without light or windows and allowing sun to come pouring in.
We are but mere humans. But when God appears we become so much more. He is our strength in weakness. Our light in the darkness. Our confidence in difficulties. Our wisdom when there is no understanding.  Faith in unbelief. Our grace, mercy and love. The power we hold in our jars of clay.
"But we have treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."
2 Corinthians 4:7
May you find that the words that pour from this jar of clay contain the light and salt of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.