Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 2, 2011

Our Descendants

Descendants seems like such a proper word when we are speaking of our children, and our grandchildren. But it is a proper..and important responsibility. In honor of our upcoming Mother's Day I want to focus on the responsibility and joys of motherhood some this week.
I was very young when I began my mothering. In fact by age 25 I had 4 children! It always amazes me to think about that and realize now the reality of what that means. However, I think because I was so young I had no idea about the unbelievable and amazing miracles involved in having those children. But now, as a grandma, it is really something to realize and witness that miracle.
I have had the privilege of watching a sonogram and seeing that child moments after their birth. That in itself is a miracle. To see that little life as it begins in the womb, and then the miracle of birth as that child enters in the world. How everything that baby needs is perfectly planned and programmed to support their life, developing and growing, getting all it needs from its mother. As you read all the little bits of information of how they are forming and growing each week, and already learning how to live outside their womb. It really is a miraculous thing to set your heart on, and think wow, how can someone not see a heavenly creator involved in this?
But even more amazing to me tonight as I sit and write this...God knows my grandchildren not yet conceived. I was thinking of that this morning and I broke into tears. He has already chosen the timing for that child to be placed in the womb, and He already knows their souls. It amazes me to think how much He already knows about this grandchild! And when He is ready and it is His timing He will place that baby into the womb. When it is time, God is going to take that soul and knit it right into the womb. His eyes can already see that child. He already knows how He will form the child that I do not know.
I know we don't always understand God's reasons or means for doing things, or his timing. Sometimes those babies are not able to move from the womb into the world. Though I never had that happen to me as a mother, I have as a grandmother. I rejoice that God already knew that child, He knew that child would not be known to us in this world. I do believe one day I will meet that baby.
I also know there are woman who are waiting to conceive. I can only believe for each of those woman, God in his ALL knowing power, knows the when and the if, and His ALL knowing knowledge makes the right decision, though there are times we do not understand. We have to trust in what He knows.
I am so thankful for each of my children and grandchildren...and the grandchildren yet to be placed in our lives. I am amazed at the miracle and thankful for a creator who does it all so perfectly.
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book, before one of them came to be."
Psalms 139: 13-16
May you always find salt and light in my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.