Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Share Your History

My Daily Dose blog has given me a chance to reflect back on a past, sink my teeth into the present, and look forward to the future. God is in it all. He has brought me through so much, taught me in every situation, allowed me to fall and was there to pick me up.
We all share stories of our past with children, it is part of their story now. But if we fail to share how God was a part of it, they can't learn about the struggle and the faith that brought us through. If we fail to mention the hurt and the healing that God provided, they will miss the importance of the pain. If we do not share the stories of when we made plans and failed, and when we followed God's plan and found success, then we do not teach them how to trust and obey.
They can learn from our triumphs and our failures. So, when we set out to teach them spiritual things, we must use our experiences, our history with God and our journey to teach them as well.
"O my people, hear my teaching; listen to the words of my mouth. I will open my mouth in parables, I will hutter hidden things, things from old- what we have heard and known, what our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from our children; we will tell the next generation the praisworthy deeds of the Lord, his power and the wonders he has done. He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our forefathers to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would telll their children. Then they would put their trust in God, and would not forget his deeds, but would keep his commands." Psalm 78:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.