Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tuning In

I continue to try and tune in to what God has to say. So many areas I want to hear his voice on...what is His will? Where  is He guiding me? What does he need to remove from my life to move me towards holiness?
Sometimes the world can be so loud. It demands so much attention from me. So, as I tune in, I have to tune some of that out. I know He is in it all...He is a part of all I do. All the demands that shout from the world, He is a part of it, every aspect.
But I have found I need those quiet times. I need to tune in to his Word, and enter into prayer. Even then, I am interrupted....but I am growing in those times. He is speaking to me, I am finding direction. There are decisions I have made due to those times...things that I feel on my heart. He reveals his plans and design for my life. He builds my faith and my trust. He reminds me of His love and the power I have through Him.
He also uses others...and they can be right where you would expect them...or pop up totally unexpected. My time in church and Sunday school has been feeding me, and the words ring in my heart all through the week. I find encouragement, knowledge, support and direction.
Then there is the unexpected, in the midst of the noise...something a child does, a blog I read or a post on facebook, a coworker situation, and I realize I receive messages from God in those circumstances. If He has something for me to learn, something for me to think on, He will find a way to present it to me.
I just need to tune in, have a receptive heart, and be holy spirit sensitive. Even in the static....I can hear Him, and He can find me.
"Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires." Romans 8:5
May my words always be salt and light to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.