Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

In Our Flesh

I didn't post last night. I tried coming up with something, and I was feeling flat. All day flat. Tired. Missed my quiet time. Busy. Very much in the skin of myself.
All of the above, a description of where I live...in the flesh. I didn't like how I was feeling or how I was reacting to it all day long, and then again today. I was starting the debatewith myself,  if I would attempt this tonight, or just wait until next week when I am done with work.
But I am going to share the spiritual lows, as I would my spiritual highs. We all find ourselves where I am. We have this constant battle going on within us. While we remain here in the flesh of this world, we will be tired, have spiritual lows, pain, frustration....and sin. Our body still wants to sin. Though there was a day I turned my life over to Christ, I am still in the same flesh which desires to remain the same as it was before. It is a constant battle going on within me. And sometimes my flesh wins that wrestling match, in fact too often. Until the day I leave this Earth and receive my glorified body.
Tonight when I went to church, as awesome as God is, the message dealt with this exactly.
And on the way home from church I was reflecting on how much I do not like when I feel like this. It is so uncomfortable...and that is when it hit me. What a wonderful thing... to be uncomfortable in this flesh. If it were not for justification, I would be completely okay with it. I wouldn't know any different. However, due to my uncomfortableness, God will continue to work it out. I am comfortable because of the other end of the battle. I have God's spirit.
I know what I need to do...plug back in to the power...recharge, and keep my eyes focused on Him.
"And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long to be released from sin and suffering. We too wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us." Romans 8:23
May you find light and salt in my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.