Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 20, 2011

Weekend Rapture Hype

I guess I had heard rumors this week about the end of the world but didn't really know (or pay attention) to where it was coming from. Today though I was saddened to see it was coming from someone connecting themselves to Christ. I do not understand how someone who says they are connected to Christ would ever speak a date aloud as to when Christ is coming. But of course, Satan loves to strip any kind of reputation from Christians, and what better way to do it. Those who already have little hope or are unbelievers could balk at Christians when false teaching is presented so loudly and boldly.
Tonight I am going to share little of my thought. I am going to pray for those who doubt Christianity...and share the Word of God. It is the only absolute truth there is:
"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves." Matthew 7:15
"and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people" Matt 24:11
"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect-if that were possible" Matt 24:24
"If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him." Deut. 18:22
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven" Matt 24:36

A time will come, and we need to be ready. All the time, every day, every night, be ready. Are you ready? Do you know what would happen to you, without a doubt?
I was sad to see some of the comments today from people...wanting to catch those last sins, those last human desires...party one last time. Yes, they were joking, but to mock the coming of Christ breaks my heart for this world, for the people lost  within it.
The whole hype was a downer for me, the evil that lurks, and the apathy that surrounds it.
May you find light in the darkness and in these words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.