Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How Quickly the Clouds Come In

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe"
Philippians 2:14, 15

In a crooked and depraved generation, the clouds can quickly come in and cover up the stars we are suppose to be. Without persistence and work, we can get swallowed up in the darkness of the world, hidden by the clouds. It happens as quickly and easily as a cloud can enter a sunny day. Blameless, pure, without fault is a difficult aim, and working towards it without complaining and arguing even more difficult for our human frailty. But we have to remember where the light comes from that lights up the sky, all things in the sky do not light on their own power. It comes from another much more powerful source. To be lit up in the sky, they need to be in direct line with the source. We need to learn from the creations of God. As long as we attempt to be the light from our own weak and imperfect power, we will fail. We need to align with the Son. We need to be where He needs us to be.

I am finding I do not have to be very far out of alignment to lose the light. Just a few degrees to the left or right and I lose the same light. Sometimes I can even be fulled by some dim light thinking I am okay. Okay is not good enough, and just makes it easier to slip into the darkness.  With a little more alignment I can really shine. I need to watch what blocks me from the source, creating shadows or even blocking the light.

A continual process we are in.

May you find salt and light in my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.