Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Our Weakness

My life is changing, and I know why. I am plugged in again, and God has the reins. It is an incredible feeling, and it makes a difference in everything.
Sundays are energizing. We spend time in church, fellowship with Christians, and it seems every Sunday new revelations are revealed. I do not think this is only happening in me. I am looking and listening and I am seeing God has called many to return, or to come for the first time and He is leading us into new and different territory.
As this happens we have to be ready. There will be a battle. I am no longer sitting on the couch playing Facebook games. He is opening doors and showing me where He wants and what He wants me to do. These writings are one thing that has changed. And every day I feel the battle. I feel my weakness of being tired, or not really knowing what to say each day. Even doubting if I am saying the right thing, worrying I am saying the wrong thing. But I am reminded if I feel the battle, then I am doing good. If it was worthless, Satan would leave me alone, he would allow me to only believe I am doing good. He is the one who seeks to destroy and steal.
Each time I feel a door is open or a road appears to be from God....and I am reminded of a weakness, I need to rejoice. The trials and tribulations...that is where God appears. That is where we see good works being done.
Our churches are the same. We need to engage, we need to feel the discomfort. We need to ask ourselves if the doors of our church closed today...would it make a difference in our communities? If the answer is no, then we are not engaged in the battle. We are not pleasing God.
So as individuals and as congregations we need to be seeking God, seeking what He wants. If an idea sounds like it will be difficult, REJOICE! If an idea sounds like we are unequipped, REJOICE! If we feel like we are going to make people uncomfortable, REJOICE!
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
 "Be he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
It almost makes you want to feel weak...to have Christ's power rest on us. Imagine what we as individuals and as groups can do. Isn't that something to get excited about?
May my words always be salt and light to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.