Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 13, 2011

God's Armor

A day's walk in this world is a reminder always of all the evil that walks within it. Evil shows up in several different ways...it doesn't always appear as dark as you would read in books or see in movies. What is really sad, it is so prevalent, we do not always see or notice it. It becomes a part of what we expect, it becomes natural. However, as I find myself spending more time with my mind, heart and soul in the light, the more I notice the darkness.
I have always loved this scripture:
"Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
Now if I stopped reading there, it would leave me scared to leave my bed in the morning. These words describe evil in its true sense...and honestly, if it ended here, I would be so fearful.
But, it doesn't stop there.
"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with youur feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:11-18
When I read these words I feel so equipped for walking within this world of evil. I know all too well, if I am where God wants me and doing what He is asking, I can count on a battle from the 'powers of the dark'. But when I read about the armor I have available to me, I know I can walk through the battles and continue to do as God has asked me.
What I need to remember, is to put my armor on. I can't walk into this world with any of it missing. I need to use each piece of armor correctly and effectively. I look at each item and I know, without one, I leave myself unguarded and prey for the enemy.
I am thankful for a God who equips me for battle. I pray I can be a ready soldier, fully guarded and alert.
What about you, are you missing any pieces of the armor?
May you find salt and light in my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Questions, prayer requests, ideas for my writing. If you want to keep your comment from being published I will be happy to do that for you.